Thursday, July 12, 2007

Connection Established...

Aunt Lori E-mailed my dad yesterday and talked to my mom today on the phone for a while. I didn't talk to her directly, but I thought I would let you know the little bit of information I got through the grapevine.

Things are progressing as far as the hall is concerned. Last Saturday they had a conference for the local Natal assemblies which was followed by the marathon schedule for Sunday. Aunt Lori and Uncle Mark had been planning on going to Luciano's assembly on Sunday to witness a baptism. Luciano's worship meeting normally starts at 10:00, 1 and a half hours later than the Planalto hall, but the baptism was at 9:00 in the morning in order to allow the one being baptized to be in fellowship the that day.

They received word that the shipment of goods they had sent in the container was liberated by the government and was on its way to the house. According to Aunt Lori it should arrive in Natal either today or tomorrow. She is going to hold off a week to begin the unpacking and distribution process for the purpose of letting the Santa Maria Procopio construct a distribution plan when she and Melissa arrive on the 27th of July. What is desperately needed out of the containers immediately is Uncle Mark's tools and, of course, William's bike. The entire time that I was there he would talk about how much he wanted his bike to be there. Toward the beginning of the trip he would lie awake in bed at night thinking about the arrival of his two wheeled mode of transportation. He would ask me "what happens if we are gone tomorrow and the truck arrives?”

She finally made contact with John and Claudette Axford, the missionaries associated with the Gospel Halls in England. She had been trying to contact them, but it turns out their PO Box was discontinued because he was planning on moving to São Paulo. The housing deal had become complicated and his plans are up in the air now. They live right down the street from Mark and Lori, and it turns out I walked past their house on the way to the beach every time I went. They were planning on going to dinner with them at some point in the very near future.

I wasn't able to get updates on the hall restoration project; seeing I didn't talk to her. Next time I do I will let you all know. I am heading off to California in a few hours, and I will call Aunt Lori when I get home on Monday. Until then, thanks for checking in...

No comments: